A complete walking tour through the heart of Florence in combination with a visit to the Palazzo Vecchio, the centre of political power since the Middel Ages. During the XVIth centuy, inder Cosimo the Ist of Medici, the palace underwent through major changes and became his sumptuous residence with its courtyard richly decorated with stuccos and frescoes and the spectacular Salone dei 500.
Duration: 3 hours| Rates
These are the most important highlights of our tour:
- Piazza della Repubblica, where the old Forum of the Roman city of Florentia once stood making it both the oldest and the most modern square of the city with its historical cafés dating back to the XIXth century.
- The religious centre of the city with the Romanesque Baptistery, the Cathedral, Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Belltower.
- The medieval district of Dante, with its towers, little churches and oratories.
- Orsanmichele: where once the grain market stood, now stands this beautiful yet unusual gothic church of the florentine Guilds. Along its walls, the tabernacles hold masterpieces of different sculptors.
- The Mercato Nuovo with its fountain of the Porcellino, one of Florence’s lucky charms.
- Ponte Vecchio, one of the most renowned symbols of the city with its jewelleries pending over river Arno.
- The Loggia of the Uffizi, the history of one of the oldest and most famous museums of the world.
- Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio, the political center of Florence since the Middle Ages, the Loggia dei Lanzi with its Roman and Renaissance sculptures.
- A visit to Palazzo Vecchio which has been the center of political life in Florence for seven centuries. We’ll visit the Salone dei 500, built by Giorgio Vasari for the Duke Cosimo I, the room dedicated to Pope Leo X, the Private Quarters of Eleonora and Cosimo I and the ‘Studiolo’ of Francesco I.
RATES (Rates are per tour, tickets are not included)
|Groups (from 10 up to 25 persons)||€ 130 + € 2 for each extra person|
|Individual clients (from 1 up to 9 persons)||€ 150|
|Schools up to 25 persons||€ 120 + ��� 2 for each extra person|
|Ticket for Palazzo Vecchio||€ 6 (reservation is optional)|
|Reduced titcket for persons between 18-25 and over 65 years||€ 4,50|
|Reduced ticket for persons between 3-17 years||€ 2|
|Family ticket for 4 persons (2 adults e 2 children)||€ 14|
|Family ticket for 5 persons (2 adults e 3 children)||€ 16|
|Grandparents and grandchildren ticket||€ 2 for grandchildren, free for the grandparents|
|Ticket for schools||€ 2 or €4,50 (the age rates are applied, 2 free tickets for teachers or tour leaders)|