A complete walk through the heart of Florence combined with the visit to the Basilica of Santa Croce, founded by the Franciscan friars in the XIIIth century with works of Giotto and his school, and the Pantheon of illustrious Italians.
Duration: 3 hours| Rates
These are the most important highlights of our tour:
- The religious centre of the city with the Romanesque Baptistery, the Cathedral, Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Belltower.
- Piazza della Repubblica, where the old Forum of the Roman city of Florentia once stood which makes it both the oldest and the most modern square of the city with its historical cafés dating back to the XIXth century.
- The Mercato Nuovo with its fountain of the Porcellino, one of Florence’s lucky charms.
- Ponte Vecchio, one of the most renowned symbols of the city with its jewelleries pending over river Arno.
- The Loggia of the Uffizi, the history of one of the oldest and most famous museums of the world.
- Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio, the political center of Florence since the Middle Ages, the Loggia dei Lanzi with its Roman and Renaissance sculptures.
- We’ll arrive at the Santa Croce square, famous for being theater of preachings, tournaments and the “calcio storico fiorentino”, a reenactment of the XVIth century ball game, during the months of May and June.
- We’ll then visit the Basilica of Santa Croce with works by Giotto and his school and also Pantheon of Illustrious Italians with the tombs, amongst others, of Michelangelo, Galileo Galilei, Machiavelli and Rossini. The Cappella dei Pazzi by Brunelleschi and the Museo dell’Opera di Santa Croce with its famous Crucifix by Cimabue.
RATES (Rates are per tour, tickets are not included)>
|Groups (from 10 up to 25 persons)||€ 120 + € 2 for each extra person|
|Individual clients (from 1 up to 9 persons)||€ 140|
|Schools up to 25 persons||€ 115 + € 2 for each extra person|
|Ticket for the Basilica of Santa Croce||€ 5 (the reservation is optional)|
|Reduced ticket||€ 3 for persons between 11 – 17 years, school groups and groups with more than 15 persons.|
|Families||€ 5 for each parent and free for the children)|
|Free ticket||For children with less than 11 years, persons with disabilities and their carers, for teachers who accompain their school groups.|