The most complete walking tour through the heart of Florence! We’ll travel through time, through the culture and art of its millenary history, with all its hidden secrets and anecdotes. We won’t visit only the palaces, churches, bridges and squares that made the city world famous but also the lesser known corners where Renaissance was born.
Duration: 3 hours| Rates
These are the most important highlights of our tour:
- The Piazza della Repubblica, where the old Forum of the Roman city of Florentia once stood making it both the oldest and the most modern square of the city with its historical cafés dating back to the XIXth century.
- The religious center of the city with the Romanesque Baptistery, the Cathedral, Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Belltower.
- The medieval district of Dante, with its towers, little churches and oratories.
- Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio, the political center of Florence since the Middle Ages, the Loggia dei Lanzi with its Roman and Renaissance sculptures.
- The Loggia of the Uffizi, the history of one of the oldest and most famous museums in the world.
- The Ponte Vecchio, one of the most renowned symbols of the city with its jewelleries pending over river Arno.
- The Mercato Nuovo with its fountain of the Porcellino, one of Florence’s lucky charms.
- Palazzo Davanzati, a typical example of a Florentine city palace during the Middle Ages.
- Piazza Santa Trinita, the little triangular square has monuments on all sides in different styles and from different eras. Noteworthy the Church of Santa Trinita that dates back to the XIth century with the famous frescoes by Domenico Ghirlandaio in the Sassetti Chapel.
- Via Tornabuoni, with all its elegant shops of all the famous ‘made in Italy’ brands.
- Palazzo Strozzi, a flamboyant example of Renaissance architecture.
During the tour we shall admire the monuments and buildings from the outside but, depending on opening hours and holy services schedules, we can also visit churches, cloisters, cenacles, chapels, oratories and the courtyards of palaces. No entrance fees!
RATES (Rates are per tour)
|Groups up to 25 persons||€ 120 + € 2 for each extra person|
|Individual clients up to 8 persons||€ 140|
|School groups up to 25 persons||€ 115 + € 2 for each extra person|