Florence is the capital of Tuscany, famous for its scenic beauty, colors, ordered countryside, the medieval villages, churches and of course the wine cellars where you can taste some of the wines are known throughout the world. Here are some suggestions of one-day excursions from Florence:
- Pisa and its Piazza dei Miracoli, admire the worldwide famous Romanesque monuments: the Cathedral, the Baptistery, the Cemetery and obviously the famous Leaning tower.
- Lucca, surrounded by its Renaissance walls which can be visited, is the “jewel city” of Tuscany with its Romanesque churches and beautiful shops in the historical center.
- San Gimignano also called “Medieval Manhattan” for its enchanting towers.
- Siena the city that, together with Florence, has the largest number of works of art in Tuscany.
- The Cinque Terre, the five medieval towns nested on the cliffs like precious jewels.
Contact us for further information!