A STROLL IN FLORENCE
A comprehensive walking tour through the heart of Florence. Travel through time and experience its millenary history. You’ll visit the best-known highlights as well as the nooks and hidden corners where the Renaissance was born. The monuments and buildings will be seen from the outside; however, depending on opening hours and holy service schedules, we might have the chance to enter churches, cloisters, chapels, courtyards of the palaces. No entrance fees!
These are the main highlights of the tour:
- The Duomo Complex, the religious center of the city with the Baptistery, the Doors of Paradise by Lorenzo Ghiberti, the Cathedral, Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower.
- The Piazza della Repubblica and the medieval district of Dante, with its towers, minute churches, narrow streets and hidden squares
- Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio, the political center of Florence since the Middle Ages.
- The Loggia dei Lanzi with its Roman and Renaissance sculptures, an open-air sculpture museum
- The Loggia of the Uffizi, one of the world’s oldest and most famous museums and symbol of the power of the Medici family
- The Ponte Vecchio, one of the most renowned symbols of the city, with its jewelry shops pending over the river Arno.
- The Mercato Nuovo, with its fountain of the Porcellino, is considered one of the city’s lucky charms.